The Body Shop (Aloe Collection) Serum +Day Cream - Review

Hello again everyone! I'm back with another review.
Today I decided I would talk through two of my favourite facial moisturisers!






Both of these products are from The Body Shop that I could not live without them!
I have dry skin on my face, and depending on what I have been eating and how much water I have been drinking kiiiind of dictates how bad this will be, but generally speaking, I have dry skin.
I was going through a very bad patch a few months ago where I was breaking out (diet related) and had very very dry skin.
I looked like a scaley monster =/ I really wasn't fun.
So I went into the body shop to see what they could do to help.
After talking for awhile, the shop assistant and I decided that because my skin was so dry (and really sensitive) I should try out the Aloe range. So I purchased two products, the Aloe protective Serum and the Aloe soothing day cream. (Unfortunately I cant find prices but both products were between $25-35 each)

Now the Aloe Protect Serum was devised on so it could really boost up my skins moisture. Because at the time is was so dry, a regular moisturiser wouldn't give me enough to sort out my skin.
I can honestly say that this was a MAJOR factor in my skin righting it's self!
Because it's a serum rather than a cream it's quite a lot thicker and smoother so it provided deeper mosturisation. When ever I applied it, it really felt like it was really sinking into my skin and giving lots of moisturise. It also gave a very soft feel to the skin after use.  Because this is part of the ALOE range, it has no harsh chemicals, no fragrance and no alcohol. This is especially important for those of us with sensitive skin as the aloe vera in this range helps to repair and soothe the damaged, angry skin.
I went a bit cray when I first brought it and was putting in on in the morning AND night ,after cleansing and toning and before my day or night cream....
I think it would have been about 2-3 weeks of using this day and night until my skin was pretty much at a stage where there was no visible dryness - no patches or flakeyness.
Having dry skin is a massive uphill battle but this has really really helped.
I now only need to use this product every other day to keep up the moisture levels of my skin (And drink loads of water of course). I can really notice a difference when I stop using this for long periods of time - My skin goes back a wee bit patchy and dry. - So lesson learnt, don't stop using this product! Haha

Now the second product to go along with the serum is the Aloe Day cream.
This was to help add even more moisture into my skin and to prep my skin for make-up. Moisturisers are great to use daily to help keep you skin plump and healthy but the state my skin was in, just a moisturiser wasn't enough. So I used this product daily on top of my serum and maannnn did that combo really give me lots of moisture! But once I stopped using the serum, the day cream was and is sufficient to keep my skin hydrated.
The cream is a little bit lighter than the serum and has a more fluffy consistency, but it glides on smoothly and again leaves my skin feeling soft and delicious - this I am putting doen to the aloe vera within the product. It also does not take an age to skin into the skin either which is wonderful!
The only sort of down side I have of this product is that there is no SPF. Coming into summer in New Zealand this is a bit frustrating as I love this product so much I can't stand the thought of having to find a new moisturiser with SPF BUT there is probably no harm in applying more than one moisturiser, Right?

The serum is 30mls and the day cream is 50mls BUT don't let this small size fool you. At first I was horrified to spend so much on such small product but it was 100% worth it for the results I got from using them! It has also been about 4 months now that I have had and been using both products - I am only now just starting to run out so I am very happy with how long they have lasted me. I will defiantly be repurchasing and look into getting the night cream as well!

If you have dry skin / dry AND sensitive skin, consider checking out this range. The aloe vera makes these products very soothing for the skin and gives you a lot of moisture without being harsh. My sensitive skin didn't have any problems with adapting to using these products!

*Disclaimer - Not Sponsored, I genuinely love these products :D

So that is my little review for today. Let me know what your favourite moisturisers are and if you have any suggestions of any products I should try! Especially if you know of a day cream with SPF that doesn't smell or feel like sunblock. I really dislike moisturisers that smell of sunblock!

Anyway, I'm off,


No comments