Review Tuesdays: Batiste Dry Shampoo

Wooo, another Tuesday, another review!
Today I am sharing my thoughts about Dry Shampoo and specifically the brand 'Batiste'





Now for those of you who do not know, Dry Shampoo is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. It is a product you can spray in your hair to extend your washing days - Basically it sprays like a hair spray but it sprays out a dry form of shampoo (Obviously) that you can spray onto your roots that absorbs the oils and dirt that your hair gathers between washes and gives it a just washed look.

Here is what Ulta.com say's about Batiste Dry Shampoo..


  1. Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin fly-away hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out.
So hopefully that clarifies what Dry Shampoo is - Pretty much genius and I do not think I could live with out it!

I discovered Dry Shampoo about a year ago through my obsession with watching youtube beauty videos. From watching may a review, I discovered everyone seamed to love Batiste.
I was then wondering through my local Farmers (Equivalent to Target) and found they stocked it so I had to pick it up and try it! And I was instantly IN LOVE!

(Here is a link to the Farmers website - http://www.farmers.co.nz/beauty/skin-hair-body-care/haircare-hair-colour/ManufacturerName-Batiste?filter=true ) 
- $15.99 I believe is a ridiculous price for this product - But you can find it in The Warehouse and Kmart for cheaper (This is NZ Prices)

The first scent I picked up was the 'blush'. The sent was nice, It got a bit sickly after awhile but it was bearable.

The second scent I got was 'Wild'  THIS SMELT AMAZING and is defiantly my favourite scent.
I am currently using the 'Cherry' one and again it's a nice smell but it can get a bit much - it is very fruity smelling.

All of the different scents perform exactly the same, the scent is just a preference thing but I can honestly say this product is amazing!
I have used a Tresemme and a Dove Dry Shampoo and neither can compare to this!


This product leaves my hair looking like I have just washed it. When used on second and third day hair it really does take out all the greasiness from the roots and around your face. It also gives your hair an awesome amount of texture which is great for freshly washed hair and that flat look you get the third day after washing! 
It is such a great product to give your hair a nice boost when ever you feel like it.

Now a few directions - When you use this product it is important to only use it on your roots and hair line around your face and the back of your neck. DO NOT coat your entire hair with this as it will damage your hair and make it very dry and brittle. Once you have sprayed it in your hair (I like to do this at night as it gives it a good amount of time to soak up any greasiness, you could also spray it in when you first start getting ready in the morning and leave it in whilst you are getting ready for max results) leave it for at least 3-5 minutes. Then run your fingers through your roots to disperse the dust.

When you spray this product it comes our white - which for those of us with darker coloured hair is a bit of a pain but with a good brush through with your fingers is nothing you can't deal with. There is one that is catered for dark hair and it sprays out a darker colour - but I honestly don't think the white powder is a problem. 
I also wouldn't recommend using this product every single day as you could get a mass of product build up in your hair and at the end of the day you are still putting 'something' into your hair and we all know that's not good for it - the same as using too much heat on our hair but again we all do this =/ But just putting the warming out there :D

If you wash your hair every day or second day or if you suffer from hair that gets greasy quickly then I highly recommend this product.
It's not good for your hair to wash it every day so by using a dry shampoo you are minimising the amount of washing you have to do! And who doesn't love saving time in the morning.

Let me know your thought on this product, Have you tried it? Is there something out there that is better than Batiste? I would love to hear your thoughts/feelings/opinions so please leave me a comment below :D

Anyway, I'm off,





No comments