Foundation Favourites - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation swatch andreview

Hello everyone!
Sorry I have been MIA for two weeks, I started a new job and was having trouble managing my time! But back at it today with a review one my current fave foundation!





I think I first heard about this foundation from Zoe on Youtube (Zoella) as I have with many of my fave products haha She was raving about how amazing it was for dry skin, and with having dry skin my self I jumped straight in to find it!

I found mine on asos.com and through looking at a few swatches on google I figured I was about shade no. 52, It took about 4-5 working days to arrive but once I opened the package I realised I had received the incorrect shade.. I was gutted, but upon checking my order I realised it was my fault not asos. I ordered no. 53 which was much too dark.

So the first thing about these foundations is that the shades run rather yellow. No 53 on my pink toned skin was really really yellow. I tried it a few times to see if I could make it work but even mixed with a lighter foundation it didn't quite work so I went back to asos and got No. 52.

Again it was slightly yellow but it matched much better.
I would say this foundation is quite full coverage, it covers up my redness and most of my acne discolouration which is awesome. Being a luminous foundation it gives such a nice glow to the skin, it also smooths out my skin and it sits really nicely on my dry skin. As it is advertised as hydrating and luminous, I don't have too worry much about priming my skin first, but I always have moisturiser on under my foundation. With a primer however it sticks on like glue and my skin looks even smoother due to the primer.


The bottle says that it has 16 hours wear but I don't quite agree. On me, this foundation does start to break up slightly around my nose and on my chin and any dry patches I have after about 8 -9 hours. This for me is great as I wear this as my daily foundation but other than that it stays on really well! Because of the staying power, I love this foundation in the heat and the cold as it is formulated as long wearing  so it really doesn't move on the skin in either climate! Despite its high coverage it doesn't feel or look cakey on the skin which is awesome!

It also looks great under flash photography as it does not contain any SPF which makes it great for a night out. Although it is great as it does not give off a flash back, it does mean you must remember to wear a SPF under the foundation if you wear this on a daily basis. Below is a picture of me in the right under flash photography with no primer. For me the coverage is perfect in this picture as you can still see some of my feckles but I feel my skin looks really nice.



In the summer I am No. 52 but in winter I'm shade No. 51 which is the lightest shade. The shade range isn't that fabulous, so if you are looking into this foundation, make sure you check out swatches first if you can't try it out yourself in person. I believe in NZ some Farmers stores now have a Bourjois counter but if you do not have one near you try out asos.com or amazon :)

Overall I would highly recommend this foundation if you are in the market, it has great staying power and looks beautiful on the skin.

Do you own this foundation or any other foundations from Bourjois? I really want to try the Healthy Mix Serum foundation too! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!




No comments