Sleek makeup - Review

Hello everyone!

Today I am wanting to talk about a brand that I do not feel gets enough credit and that is Sleek. They are a UK based brand that is absolutely amazing!






I started using sleek about two years ago when Zoella, on Youtube mentioned a blush by 3 pallet that looked amazing. I was interested as I was obsessed with orange and the blush she mentioned has an orange shade and I was yet to find anything in NZ that was what I was looking for. So.... long story short, I went straight to the website to check them out and man was I happily surprised!

The first thing I noticed was that the website was gorgeous, black and white and the lettering stood out very beautifully. It is very easy to navigate and appealing to the eye.

Now I was unable to determine through the website if the brand is vegan or cruelty free but a quick google search came up with a post that was an email conversation with a blogger and a Sleek representative that said that sleek does not test any of it's products on animals and they ask that their suppliers do not test on animals either. If you would like to read that post you can find it here. Sleek also provided a file that contained whether their products were suitable to vegans or vegetarians, this is available directly from the blog I mentioned earlier. This is a really good resource, so if you are concerned please check them out!

Price wise, this brand is amazing! Their products are all under $20 USD which is about $28 NZD at the time of this post. This I find frekin amazing as the quality of their products is really good. The website does ship internationally but you can also find Sleek on makup.co.nz (not affiliated). but the prices are slightly more expensive than buying on the sleek website in USD. For example the i-Divine pallets are $11.99 USD on the website which equates to about $16.80 NZD and on the NZ website they cost $19.95. So only slightly more expensive in NZ. The only problem with buying online from Sleek is that it will take longer to receive than it will if you buy off makeup.co.nz. as they do next day delivery if you buy before 1 pm that day. Which is awesome!

So the products I own are 4 I-Divine pallets in Oh, so Special, Garden of Eden, Ultra Mattes-V2 and Celestrial. I also own the Contour Kit in Light, a Blush by 3 in the colour lace and two lipsticks in the shades Papaya Punch and Fuchsia.

Firstly, the packaging... Ahhh its so gorgeous and reminda me of the Nars packaging! The only problem is that because it is matte black, it gets dirty quite easily, but a quick wipe with a makeup wipe removes it :)




I will just quickly touch on each of these products as I don't want this post to be too long but if you are interested in a closer look please let me know down in the comments below!

The I-Divine pallets are gorgeous. Although the shadows themselves are rather small, they are hugely pigmented which defiantly makes up for this as you don't need too much product. They have a really nice mixture of mattes and shimmers in most pallets and both types of shadows are really soft and creamy. The more glittery shadows can be a little harder to work with due to the glitter but they do blend out nicely. As I said, most pallets have a mix of shimmer and matte which is awesome as you can pretty much create an entire look with one pallet which to me is a big bonus.


  "Oh So Special"

"Celestril"


"Ulta Mattes V2"


"Garden of Eden"


The contour kit is to DIE for! That highlight is absolutely gorgeous, it is so pigmented and gives the most beautiful sheen to the skin. It's not overly sparkly which I love and really glows in the cheek bones. The contour powder bends like a dream and looks so lovely on the skin. It doesn't stick to foundation and on my isn't too brown or too ashy. The only problem is that this is the lightest shade and people who are much fairer than me might find this is too dark. But because it's super bendable, it might still work!

"Face Contour kit in Light"

This blush pallet is by far the most pigmented blush I own! One light tap of your brush and you will have enough product to blend out. So a fair warning with these blushes as they are super dooper pigmented which can be good and bad! They are again also very nicely milled and bled out really very well in case you do get too much product!. In this pallet is a pinky rose gold colour that is BEAUTIFUL but it does contain a bit of glitter which can fallout if you are too heavy handed. This particular colour is best when worked up, so start with a bit and work up to the colour that you want, just be aware of the glitter! The orange and pink are also very beautiful and cam be used as a light dusting to give you a nice glow or a bit heavier to be more prominent. Either way these blush colours are gorgeous.

Blush by 2 in "Lace"

The true colour lipsticks that I own are two of my favourite shades of lipstick. Pink and orange! Firstly, they are very very pigmented! 'Fuchsia' has a nice sheen to it and 'Papaya Punch' is matte. Although both have slightly different formulas they both stay on the lips all day! The matte colours are slightly more drying on the lips than the ones with a sheen but topped with a gloss gives them a beautiful look. I really need to get more colours of these lippys as they are seriously beautiful and for only $7.49 USD you can't go wrong!




Do you own any Sleek makeup? Do you love it? Want to try it? Do you have any recommendations? Leave me your thoughts in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!



And as always,









No comments