Big bucket haul

Hello everyone!

I'm sure most of you in NZ are familiar with the Big Bucket Sales we have from time to time. Well today I visited one and thought I would share with you the items I bought in a wee haul!



So if you do not know what a Big Bucket Sale is, basically every three months or so there are make-up and fragrance sales in each city around the country. At these sales there are usually 'drug store'  products available for much cheaper than you can get them in store. To be honest the products aren't usually that much cheaper at these sales but you can find a few steals!

So today I was on the hunt for a bronzer. It was fair to say there was not much choice but I did manage to find an L.A. Girl face powder in a few shades darker than my skin tone (Toasted Almond) that I thought would work well as a bronzer! It was only $5 so I thought eh, why not! I'll give it a go and report back if I super love it! 


I also found an L.A. Girl Blush and Bronzer pallet that was $9. I thought this was a bargain although I haven't seen this around before. So far it looks really pretty and really pigmented so I'm pretty excited to try this out! The highlight look gorgeous! I swatched it on my hand and it kind of came off a bit chalky, but it does look really natural on the skin! I am excited to have a play with this pallet!


I also got the Loreal miss manga mascara, I have heard pretty great things about this mascara and for $14 was a great price! I've only got two mascaras so open at the moment so I opened it today and gave it a go. And oh MY does this give a lot of volume and length! My lases look awesome! I only have mascara on today as I am being a hermit. But I will do a full face with these products and give you a look at how they work out! 


And finally, I got the maybelline lasting drama pen gel liner! I am suuupperrrr excited for this! It lookes like a dupe for the benefit push up liner and at this sale it was only $8! I tried it as soon as I got home and I really liked it. It came out quite quickly once I clicked it up so I had to put it on my hand and use a brush to apply it. The pigmentation was amazing and it was really easy to apply with a brush. It did dry quickly tho, so if you are going to apply this product with a brush you'll have to go quick as the product on my hand dried up reasonably quickly. It does have brilliant staying power, it took me a wee while to get the liner off my lids. So keep that in mind if you look into getting this product! 



So just a wee haul for you today. Have you tried any of these products? Do you attend the Big Bucket Sales? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below! 



No comments