Marc Jacobs - Daisy Dream Review

Hello everyone!

Today I am reviewing the latest Marc Jacobs Fragrance Daisy Dream!



I am a perfume hoarder. I frekin LOVE perfume! I have way more than is actually necessary, but I have loved wearing perfume ever since I was about 14.  I remember sneaking into my mums room and stealing a spray or two of her Red Door perfume before school!
The very first perfume I owned was Juicy Couture - by Juicy Couture. This has a pretty great back story and really awesome memories - this will defiantly be a post in the future. But the next perfume brand I got into was Marc Jacobs and the first fragrance I remember being hyped up was Daisy. I remember the advertisements where EVERYWHERE and I was desperate to get my hands on it the second I smelt it. Sadly, I never ended up actually owned it,! I did however, have a flatmate that owned it a few years back and I have really fond memories of her wearing this gorgeous perfume, and smelling beautiful. 

So, when Daisy Dream came out I knew I would have to go straight away and smell it, as there was no way I was missing out on this one! Aaand no shock...It's delicious!
In New Zealand, perfumes are VERY expensive. The 50ml of this perfume is about $100 from Farmers, which, with being a poor university student was not a price I was willing to pay, despite how much I loved it! 
So instead, my mum recently visited Australia, so I asked her if she could pretty please get me the perfume from there was it was only $69.99 for the 50ml. 




So let's review!

Packaging
Ahhhhhh the packaging is to DIE for! Sky blue is my favourite colour in all the land, and in case you hadn't notices, daisy's are my favourite flower sooooo this is the PERFECT combo for me :) 
The outside box, is of course very Marc Jacobs esk and gorgeous in it's self. I think I might have to do some kind of DIY with this!
The bottle it's self .... I feel like I don't have words. My eyes really love the roundness of the bottle!
Round + white daisy's + gold = Gorgeous
I also love that the bottle it's self is clear glass, but the liquid is what gives it the sky blue colour. SO pretty! 
ok ok, enough with me gushing over the bottle!
Scent
Noooow, well start of by me admitting I am not a great perfume describer... There are many other people that will describe it much better on the interwebs. 
To me, it smells quite fruity and floral. But also kind of musky... Gives it a bit of a deepness I think. When first applied, the scent is rather strong, you can really smell the florals in it but within 15-20 minutes that strong-ness is pretty much gone. It feels like you are left with quite a plain smell, with a hint of musk mixed with light florals.

So as much as it feels like the smell is completely gone, I do however, get compliments when I am out and about while wearing it.  I have a friend who also owns this perfume and she absolutely LOVES it! She can also smell it on her self all day, which probably means that this perfume might not mix well with my skin. Everyone's'skin; reacts differently with different perfumes and perhaps this just isn't a great match for me personally. BUT despite this, I still really love the smell and will continue to wear it! (Even if it does mean I overload a bit much so I can smell it... haha)



So, what are your thoughts? Do you own this perfume? Do you like it, not like it? Tell me all the things in the comments below! 




No comments