MAC Cinderella Collection!

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I would review the products I bought from the MAC Cinderella collection :D



This was a very exciting purchase for me as Firstly; this was my first Limited Edition MAC purchases and Secondly; Cinderella is my absolute favourite Disney movie! 
(Side note: The remake of the movie that came out this year by the way was blimin amazing!)

Onto the review!
I got the Eyeshadow pallet, Beauty Powder and one lipstick online when it was released in the USA as it is cheaper to buy MAC this way, but had to buy the other lipstick when it launched in NZ as I missed out online (It sold out FAST) ((I was even awake at 3am so I could buy it as soon as it came out!)


I shall chat about the Lipsticks first :) Free as a Butterfly is on the left and Royal Ball on the right.




There are two lipsticks in the collection and the above pictures are of 'Free as a Butterfly'. Packaging = GORGEOUS!
This is a beautiful shimmery nude. The point of these lipsticks and the whole collection actually, is to be very sheer and nude which is exactly what this lipstick is. I really love this colour even though the pigmentation is not very opaque. I have worn it on it's own and over top of the other lipstick in the collection and I think It is just beautiful.




Royal Ball is the lipstick that I like the most. This is the one that sold out online super quickly so I had to buy this one in store in NZ.  This is a more pinky nude lipstick but it still quite shimmery. Again the pigmentation is not hugely opaque but it is not as sheer as Free as a Butterfly. This is quite flattering on my completion and I wear it a lot.
Below is the best swatch I could manage with my set-up. Royal Ball is on the top and Free as a Butterfly is on the bottom. You can see how Royal Ball is more pinky and Free as Butterfly is more shimmery. I think they are both beautiful!


Next up is the eyeshadow pallet called 'Stroke of Midnight'.


This pallet super excites me as these are my first ever MAC shadows! The colours are; Vapour, Phloof, Omega, Quarry, Satin Taupe and the only limited edition shade in 'Stroke of Midnight". 
I have used this pallet a bunch because of the fact that the colours are very neutral. Being MAC shadows, they are very pigmented, long lasting and buttery. I found them super easy to blend and they look beautiful on the eyes! 
The packaging is also blimin beautiful! My favourite colour periwinkle blue with pink sparkles throughout AND the gold around the shadows is to DYE for! I super love this!
I haven't included and close ups or swatches as I found these very difficult to photograph! But I assure you the colours are beautiful! 

The last product I bought is the Iridescent Powder in Coupe D'Chic. Again, the packaging continues to be stunning!

\
This was the product that I was the most excited for as it looks frekin gorgeous! I had a look at a couple reviews before I bought this as there were two beauty powders available, The other is called Mystery Princess and is much paler in colour and looked more like a highlight compared to Coupe D'Chic that looked much pinker and more like a blush type colour. Because of this I went for Coupe D'Chic
Boy was I wrong about this product.
This is stunning in the pan, but when I went to swatch it, pretty much none of the pinky colour you see in the pan comes off. You mainly get a very strong gold sparkle. When applied to the face (on to of blush as a sort of blush/highlight) none of the pink shows up at all, and the majority of the gold sparkle is tapped off OR ends up all over your face in a very unflattering way.


This was the best swatch I could manage and as you can see there is not very much product coming off and a lot of sparkle. I will continue to play around with this but so far I am reasonably unhappy as I feel I wont actually get much use out of it. Apart from staring at it longingly.... 

Overall, my fave product is the eyeshaow pallet, even thought there were a lot of people who were disappointed in this because of the fact that there was only one limited edition shadow. I love it regardless as I don't own any MAC shadows and this was a great way to get a little range of the colours! 

What are your thoughts on this collection? Do you own any of the Cinderella collection that I don't? Should I have gotten something else? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 




No comments